Meeting A Need
Medical knowledge is advancing at great speed, but African doctors and the populations
they serve are not benefiting quickly enough from new knowledge.
Populations in developing countries in Africa are especially hard hit and face:
- Rapidly rising rates of disease, especially among women & children
- A shortage of African national physicians
- Insufficient access to certified residency programs in Africa
- A lack of medical training and education for African national physicians in their own communities.
- Physicians who are isolated from specialist colleagues and up-to-date medical literature.
DOCS is making improvements to African health care by providing continuing medical education
opportunities for African national physicians, in Africa.
There is an urgent need for volunteer physicians willing to donate their time and expertise to help
teach and train their African colleagues.
Find out how You can make a difference!
Doctors on Call for Service Foundation, Inc.
P.O. BOX 371 Byron Center, Michigan 49315
Phone (616) 328-3736 Fax: (269) 205-2064 firstname.lastname@example.org